In general the glossary of auto transport term is a partial list of terms used in auto transportation and with the help of this glossary you will be able to know more information about shipment. This glossary will also help you to make correct decision in terms of transporting your vehicle to its destination. So, let us find out some glossaries used by auto transporters.
- Auto rack: Auto rack is special kind of multi level rail car that is used for the purpose of transporting vehicles. Generally auto rack possesses 2 to 3 decks and they can carry about 20 cars at a time. This specially designed car possesses end doors and metal side panels in order to safeguard the vehicles while transporting. To transport SUVs and trucks dual deck or bi-level auto rack is used, on the other hand to transit small cars triple deck or tri-level auto rack is used. It is estimated that train with seventy auto racks can transit about thousands of vehicles at a time.
- Auto Transport: To move or ship your vehicles as fright. Auto transporters are encouraged to seek out financially strong, fully insured, and reputable car hauler. The upcoming smart and customer focused vehicle transport companies are making the nationwide auto transport more affordable and convenient.
- Car Hauler/Carrier: Car hauler or a car carrier is a company that offers vehicle transport facility which on the other hand also known as physical transport of a car.
- Vehicle transport equipment/ car carrier: It is a special kind of semi-trailer that is generally used to transit nine vehicles at one go. Some of this trailer is operated by hydraulically ramps. In this trailer every vehicle is tied and blocked properly so that it can be transit safely without getting any damages and dents. Usually the huge vehicles are transit on the upper deck of the trailer and cars which are not too heavy are transit in the lower deck of the trailer.
- Enclosed auto transport: This is type of transporting car where your car is totally secured from wind, rain, storm etc. If you have expensive car then it is recommended that you should prefer to use this option to transit your car because it protect your can from hazards, road debris, and weather.
- Local Move: It is a term used by the auto transporter when the pickup and delivery of you car is done by the same carrier and when the distance of your destination is within 200 miles then it is known as local move.
- Delivery Network: It is type of network in which ships, railroads, trucks utilized to transit your cars is connected. The car shippers who transport your car to your new destination possess a powerful delivery network that offers efficient car shipment to meet the requirements of the customers in terms of cost and time.
Shawn A. Robertson is a skilled author on car transport and auto transport. He has written a number of articles like enclosed auto transport and car shipping, and auto movers.
American Auto Movers Inc.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Shawn_A_Robertson/684886